Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

well, $3,000+ is not chicken feed...

and seeing this guy got nothing back for his troubles except having to beg to get his machine back; I would think this might result in a "black eye" for the mod industry unless end users can get some sense security that they will be protected(and have recourse thru the mod manufacturer, if an OEM was used) if such an unfortunate incident arises. Akin to the way audio manufacturers often step in when audio retailers go rogue!

I know, for myself, hearing this type of story has put a real bad taste in my mouth re the mod industry and I would not be surprised, based on what I've read below, others might come forward and tell their stories here on AA.

If this is the "dirty little secret" brewing below the surface in the mod's market and if I were a mod manufacture or installer, I'd much rather get in front of this(i.e., be proactive), than have to do damage control after the fact.

Just my 2 cents, coming from a guy that was on the fence for getting his SCD-1 modded. Frankly, pretty much over that....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.