Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Nothing wrong with my honesty.... and that is not what is in question

Kyle,
You didn't list this last one which I sent 3 times, 2 of which I have record, and 1 may have been a dud...
It has been about 3 weeks since I origionally sent it, so I would say I was being very honest.

And to add to my being "honest" I would like to say that you answered 2, instead of the 1 I origionally said in my 1st post and I did a BBB check earlier on Kyle, and he has an A rating, with 0 complaints..but, that does not mean I will not be as careful as possible...

When I am doing business, I would like a record of what is going on, if you will not correspond via email, so that it can be documented, then I will also go elsewhere...
phone conversations are great, but they lead to "he said, she said" scenario's when there is a problem.

Kyle, I would have sent my player for you to fix, but I can't do it if you don't communicate... there are too many problem Techs out there...

I just got a Nakamichi Dragon (mint, only used maybe 100 hours) back from a Tech who had it OVER 1 year... and guess what? He packed it so poorly that the tape transport was destroyed in shipping, and now, the only way I can get it fixed (with UPS paying for it) is to ship it back to the same guy! He of course promises "to get on it ASAP"... right..

Rick

RE: Audio Asylum: Repairs‏
Sent: Tue 4/15/08 1:25 PM
To: referenceaudiomods@yahoo.com

Kyle,
Resending the message below, as you made not have recieved it...

Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: referenceaudiomods@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Audio Asylum: Repairs
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:00:14 -0700

Kyle,
I already have a few of the motors, and a hi-rez member is hopefully getting some OEM nylon replacement gears made.
I am going to purchase a few of these also to go with the motors I have.
What would it cost for you to change out my sled motor if I supply the needed motor and gear?

Kyle, also you should check out that post (about the gears being made) as you may have some very much needed input... at first, he wanted to make stainless gears, I didn't want anything to do with that, only if nylon.

I look foreward to your next email,

Rick

Edits: 05/06/08 05/06/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.