Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Yours is not an isolated story

I know nothing about Doug Jesse, and while there have been many happy campers here there have been many unsavory stories about mod experiences that go unreported. I have received from Hi-Rez alone 5 or 6 horror stories *unsolicited* via private email. One time I unintentionally leaked a bad experience of customer in this forum. At the time I was naive about how small or tight knit the mod niche was and I guess it was easy to figure out who the modder was. The word quickly got back to the modder who skewered the customer whose gear was still being worked on. I had to plead with the moderator to remove the post even though by that time it had been responded to. I was relieved when the moderator made an exception to the rules and deleted the post. What a mess and an embarrassing gaffe on my part.

Just recently, when my EMM Labs transport was in for warranty repair someone suggested that I should get my SCD-1 modded. Through private email I received not one but *two* warnings from Hi-Rez inmates not to have mods done while recounting their personal horror stories.

You decided to come forward. I believe many just suffer not wanting to admit that they have been taken advantage of.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yours is not an isolated story - Robert C. Lang 11:47:36 05/06/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.