Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: I keep saying the same thing over and over again, but nobody seems to care.

Charles,

If someone associated with your company was guilty of misconduct, you'd reprimand that individual or sack him and then do what was in your power to rectify the damage, because it's the right thing to do and because your company's reputation hinges on it.

What suggests to you that this instance elsewhere is condoned, supported, tolerated or otherwise improperly dealt with? I'd think it a bit farfetched to condemn an entire organization for the misbehavior of one employee. Errors of judgment and behavior do happen, unfortunately. You'd expect a suitable response from the company then, of course.

I have no insights into this case except that your strong feelings on it suggest that rather than being the case of an erring individual who should be promptly fired, an entire organization (its editor or publisher in your words) are at fault to properly handle the matter and distance themselves from the wrong doing.

Could it not be that this matter is being dealt with appropriately but internally? Or is it because that individual continues to get published there that it appears to you this misconduct was tolerated without proper consequences?

I'm merely asking this because it seems a bit hard to believe that an established company would be so lax in their response and just 'let it ride'. And unless there was solid evidence that the company at large was indeed neglicent in their response, it would be premature to condemn an entire organization for what one of its -- hopefully now ex -- employees did.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.