Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Hmm. You talkin' to me?

<< If the guy has already been fired then what reason is there to besmurch the mag? >>

This issue first came to light four or five months ago. (Sorry I can't be more precise, I was in the hospital under heavy medication and don't recall the exact dates.) Yet the latest issue still has articles by the reviewer and still lists his name on the masthead.

In the meantime, there has been enough time for Stereophile to hear about the events (obviously well after the other magazine found out) and write and publish editorials pertaining to this type of behavior. There has also been enough time for the cable manufacturer to be reimbursed.

I suppose that it's possible that there has been some "double-secret probation" type of punishment that has occurred. But as JA pointed out, the cable manufacturer has been open with other industry members about the happenings and he hasn't been given any indication that any other action has taken place.

I personally expect that things will be rectified eventually, but am also disappointed that it is taking this long. However, I understand that there are practical considerations at work as well. To give an example (and not trying to start a fire here, so don't be offended if you support Bush), there are those who believe that Bush 43 has committed several impeachable offenses. However, they are reluctant to make formal charges because (if successful) the successor would be equally guilty. So sometimes a different strategy is called for. Perhaps some similar strategizing is taking place at the other magazine, I don't really know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.