Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 posted by JoshT on May 8, 2017 at 08:24:15:
"It reminds me somewhat of the old CJ PV14L." Rolled off AND dynamically challenged as I recall. I owned that CJ for about a year.
I tend to prefer a slight bit of warmth and 'meaty midrange' but not at the expense of rolled-off frequency extremes or less than stellar dynamics. Tough to come by in many tube preamps but a few get it right all around, at least for my taste.
Let us know what you decide on in the Rogue preamp. Good luck!
Edits: 05/09/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 08:24:15 05/08/17 (17)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - stereo5 11:26:28 05/14/17 (4)
- What didn't you like about the RP-1? n/t - classfolkphile 12:34:05 05/14/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AbeCollins 10:27:42 05/09/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 14:58:33 05/09/17 (2)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AudioSoul 16:06:50 05/08/17 (1)
- Why? Mostly for the fun of the discourse. And then also for the archives I suppose . . . - JoshT 16:24:46 05/08/17 (0)
- The price difference would pay for some REALLY good tubes... - MWE 15:32:09 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - BCR 14:04:09 05/08/17 (4)
- "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - JoshT 14:13:45 05/08/17 (3)
- RE: "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - BCR 14:40:35 05/08/17 (2)