Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 posted by AbeCollins on May 9, 2017 at 10:27:42:
Yup. I home auditioned the PV14L and loved it for some stuff, but ultimately opted for the Premier 17LS, which was better in all respects and still the state of the art in any system I've owned. The PV14L was a bit noisy too as I recall.
I am hoping to like both the PR-1 and PR-5 in my home system, and it would be great to find the PR-1 as satisfying for what I need as its big brother, but who knows? Will definitely report back on my impressions.
Edit: For clarification, I sold my 17LS years ago. It was too finicky for HT bypass use.
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."
Edits: 05/09/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 08:24:15 05/08/17 (17)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - stereo5 11:26:28 05/14/17 (4)
- What didn't you like about the RP-1? n/t - classfolkphile 12:34:05 05/14/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AbeCollins 10:27:42 05/09/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 14:58:33 05/09/17 (2)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AudioSoul 16:06:50 05/08/17 (1)
- Why? Mostly for the fun of the discourse. And then also for the archives I suppose . . . - JoshT 16:24:46 05/08/17 (0)
- The price difference would pay for some REALLY good tubes... - MWE 15:32:09 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - BCR 14:04:09 05/08/17 (4)
- "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - JoshT 14:13:45 05/08/17 (3)
- RE: "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - BCR 14:40:35 05/08/17 (2)