Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: What didn't you like about the RP-1? n/t posted by stereo5 on May 14, 2017 at 18:30:33:
I'm hoping to home audition both next weekend. In the dealer's listening room, I found the RB-1 to sound a bit flabby, but wonder if it would likewise benefit from better, or different, tubes.
For the RB-5, are there any tubes you'd recommend over the stock tubes that are more readily available and less expensive than NOS?
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."
Edits: 05/14/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 08:24:15 05/08/17 (17)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - stereo5 11:26:28 05/14/17 (4)
- What didn't you like about the RP-1? n/t - classfolkphile 12:34:05 05/14/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AbeCollins 10:27:42 05/09/17 (3)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - JoshT 14:58:33 05/09/17 (2)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - AudioSoul 16:06:50 05/08/17 (1)
- Why? Mostly for the fun of the discourse. And then also for the archives I suppose . . . - JoshT 16:24:46 05/08/17 (0)
- The price difference would pay for some REALLY good tubes... - MWE 15:32:09 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: Rogue Audio RP-1 vs. RP-5 - BCR 14:04:09 05/08/17 (4)
- "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - JoshT 14:13:45 05/08/17 (3)
- RE: "Why do you want a preamp with features you'll never use?" - BCR 14:40:35 05/08/17 (2)Follow Ups
- Thanks stereo5 - JoshT 20:48:47 05/14/17 (1)
- RE: Thanks stereo5 - stereo5 13:15:39 05/15/17 (0)