Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Odd listening chair placement

First thinks first---if the morning light is important to you, forget about doing as I am about to suggest. Direct sunlight is the second worst thing you can subject Maggies to (it wreaks havoc with the glue holding the conductive wires onto the Mylar of the drivers), the worst being water.

If you can sacrifice the morning sun for best sound, do some research (my technical knowledge is too limited to be able to give you definitive advice!) on how to treat that wall of glass at what will be the speaker end of your room. You will need to get rid of the severe reflectivity of the glass with either sound-absorbing curtains, or ones that scatter sound randomly (in different directions, rather than the mirror-like direct reflections off glass).

Once the glass is taken care of, you can put the speakers 60"/5 ft. (or more---up to the location of the doorway to the bedroom, for instance) from that wall, as close to the side walls as you want, firing down the length of the room. Your loveseat will go towards the other end of the room, as close to the counter as you want (but the further away from it you are, probably the better). It would be nice if the doorway to the bedroom can be closed for listening (so that both side walls are approximately the same), but not mandatory.

Then your equipment rack should not be on a side wall if possible---in the bedroom would be great! Seriously, just run your speaker wires from there to the speakers. If you don't want to do that, I guess right up against the glass doors will do, or at the back of the far end of the room. The TV can go up against the glass, and for serious listening (if you plan to do any) temporarily covered with a quilt.

If that sounds like a lot, well, it is! Welcome to audiophilia ;-).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.