Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Odd listening chair placement

BDP24,

I want to make sure I understand your recommendations. Assigning the glass slider as the "front" wall and the blue wall as the "back" wall, the doorway to the master bedroom is 70" from the front wall.

I have had the speakers positioned 9' from the front wall (and hence 13 feet from the back wall) and 10 inches from the side walls, with the tv and audio gear cabinets back to back as a room divider. However, that chopped up the room and made the speakers obvious sources of sound when in the listening chair, centered between them. I'd like to try this arrangement again, if I can figure out where to put the loveseat so that the right channel isn't firing directly into the side of it.

If you would please take the time, using the above reference points, can you restate your recommendations in terms of distance from front wall, back wall (distance between them is 22 feet) and side wall (distance between them is 12.5 feet). Room height is 9'. Thanks in advance for your time.

Edits: 05/03/17 05/03/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.