Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I don't think the audio industry is corrupt by any stretch of the imagination.

"Audio across the board is a corrupt industry, be it high-end, mainstream, or tweakdom. .

I disagree. I believe that it's mostly about hubris, black magic and herbs but IMO that doesn't make it corrupt.

(This is why I no longer read the rags. I don't even read the internet rags.) It wouldn't make any difference if Kait's products were separable from high-end audio. Or any audio

I don't read the magazines because they are selectively objective. They can be positive and subjective on one hand at the same time negative and objective on the other. The claims made by proponents of Kaits or Bose aren't any more or less substantiable than claims made by proponents of most other gear.

The quality of sound reproduction has gone in the tank, and I really cannot blame some people for channeling their frustrations into hoping or believing the presence of a cheap clock or a jar of rocks will improve the sound of their audio systems.

As if buying a clock or jar of rocks is anymore hopeless than buying a new turntable or more expensive speakers for most audiophiles. Far as I can tell audiophiles are famous for making bad purchases - the fact is buying a jar of rocks is far less expensive than making a bad upgrade decision.

What's worse buying a jar of rocks and believing it makes an improvement or buying into the hubris (almost always marketing/magazine generated) surrounding some new recommended component only to end up with worse sound?

Singling out Bose and Kait's seems analagous to lubing up for the other manufacturers who are doing exactly the same thing.

Give me rhythm or give me death!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.