Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I Think It's Corrupt Beyond Recognition.....

I think that you are full of crap! Putting down our efforts to make better audio products only slows down acceptance by the mid-fi manufacturers to make better sounding products. I continue to research on how to make better analog designs, and I applaud manufacturers who delve to make CD playback more acceptable sounding. I still think that it sucks, and only really well tweaked CD players have ever given me sound that is worthwhile to listen to. I don't even listen to it in my auto, even though I have a CD player. It just sounds too 'digital' to me.
I personally don't care if many people are happy with their existing CD player and mid fi electronics. I won't attack their conclusions about quality sound for themselves, but I resent them getting nasty regarding my efforts to make better sound.
I am continually working to make better sounding products. Just this week, I hope to tweak a pair a JC-1 power amps in order to make them even better sounding. Why should I when they already have an 'A' rating in 'Stereophile'? Because I want to make the best sound that I can with my best designs, and it is a never ending quest.
I am sure that it is the same with car designers, as they constantly evolve and hopefully improve their latest models. Certainly, a 1979 Honda is not the same as a 2007 Honda, even if the basic characteristics of the compact auto sedan have been defined for many decades.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.