Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"better sound"

"I think that you are full of crap! Putting down our efforts to make better audio products only slows down acceptance by the mid-fi manufacturers to make better sounding products. I continue to research on how to make better analog designs, and I applaud manufacturers who delve to make CD playback more acceptable sounding.

Stereo is an ill-defined format. "Better sound" sound long ago became a matter of subjective opinion. I applaud any audio designers attempts to bring us "better sound" - however the reality of the situation is all such attempts end in results of a subjective nature. You might argue some real objective and measureable improvement and I'd say so what if the majority of stereo recordings don't "sound better" to most listeners.

Even after all of these years the majority of consumers are happy with lower fidelity - ie. they ignore benefits of high fidelity. Obviously even if such benefits are easily apparent to the masses (and I'm not so sure it is, of course it is for me) it is not worth the additional expense to them.

Even amongst those of us who believe that it's worth the additional expenditure to get higher fidelity are opinions differ. You go ahead and continue to deliver "better sound" - I applaud you. Just remember, even amongst those of us who believe, not all of us are going to agree with what you come up with. And given the fuzzy nature of 2 channel recordings it's unreasonable for you to expect such agreement.

Give me rhythm or give me death!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.