Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Absolute Sound on MQA..jaws drop

It looks like a few writers at the Absolute Sound are gaga over MQA and are making the same postiively definitive statements based on show demos.

Robert Harley:

"Then, seconds into the MQA version, my jaw dropped-literally. MQA's dramatic superiority made the original high-resolution file sound like a pale imitation of the performance, a view shared by Peter. Before the music even began the hall sounded larger, with the acoustic better defined. A glare was stripped away from instrumental textures, leaving behind a gorgeously liquid rendering of timbre. The positions of instruments on the stage, and of the musicians within the acoustic, were precisely defined. Even the applause at the end (it was a live recording) was vastly more realistic."

Wow! SECONDS into the music he determined MQA's "dramatic superiority"!!!!!!

And it gets better...BEFORE the music even began, the hall sounded "larger"!!!! Wow again!! What a gift!!! And his jaw dropped!!

As a remedy to his jaw that "dropped-literally", I hope his medical insurance will remedy that..or..wasn't the founder of his magazine famous for having a man servant? Maybe he can come over and lift Harley's jaw off the ground for him.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Absolute Sound on MQA..jaws drop - Isaak J. Garvey 08:54:32 01/24/16 (69)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.