Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: RRE: "the sound of the hall before the first note was played"?

"You are not on the same page. Everyone knows what room/hall ambiance is..even if you know nothing about a music. Two people can have a conversation in several different rooms and they will naturally feel the differences." Correct. That's why I wondered what gave rise to your question "Another question might be is what does any of that have to do with musical enjoyment?"

"What we are talking about his the comical hyperbole of hearing magical ambiance before a note of music is even played in some misguided attempt to illustrate how superior a new technology is. I always felt that if you have to grossly exaggerate, then you are a shill, or worse." So you are not asking about musical enjoyment, then - what you are really complaining about is how someone expresses their enthusiasm for a new auditory experience that they have been exposed to & you haven't?

Maybe you are just ranting as on your other MQA thread - a good rant is good for the constitution - it usually acts a cleansing exercise - has it not had this effect for you?

Edits: 01/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.