Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

An ordinary man has no means of deliverance

"I submit that it is you who has blocked out further investigation, claiming that all you know and have submitted to has already been discovered by none other than yourself and Peter."

That's really funny considering that you have no idea what the Belt products are or how they work. "You submit?" Ha Ha Ha!

"Details of music may well be already contained in the information encoded on a disc or LP: that 100% retrieval of that information is already accomplished is another factor. There are many factors which affect that information retrieval, acoustics, component design, etc."

Well, now we're getting somewhere!

"In other posts on Tweaks, I have noted that adding more batteries to more components in a system soon reaches a point of diminishing returns, where very little gain ( virtually nil in the parlance of se)is noted in the s/n ratio. I suspect it is the point where the information retrieval has been maximized by this particular tweak."

Odd you haven't noticed how batteries hurt the sound. Oh, well.

"Now the addition of the battery gives a seeming 2 dB increase in volume, Do your tweaks do the same? In fact have you tried this particular tweak yourself, are are you basing it completely on the experience of others or past experimentation on other battery factors?"

What does her trying the tweak have to do with the price of spinach? Have you measured the 2 dB increase? Show us the data!

"The fact is the ground tweak is mounted directly onto the circuit of the component. Your removal of batteries does not involve them directly inserted into a circuit of the audio chain. And to tell you the truth, since I have purchased batteries by the bulk ( I have 45 batteries sitting in my "listening" room right now), I hear no degradation in sound from their presence. I would submit that your position should also incorporate such "anomalies" and possibly a change in your position."

You had better get your hearing checked Pronto! Actually, it's understandable you wouldn't notice the detrimental effect of 45 batteries sitting in your listening room as you've undoubetedly always had a lot of batteries in your house/apt/cave/whatever.

"Then again having products for sale may preclude you from making a change in position until such product inventory is exhausted."

Whatever the heck that means.

"If you carefully read my past posts, I have never advocated mass distribution of crystals in a room. In fact my realization of the harm of such a practice triggered my experimentation: a large quartz cluster in the center of my listening area adding a harsh upper frequency "ring" to all my music. I have submitted my speculation about crystals and their preferred positioning based on the fact that many are truly piezoelectric, and their positioning should be placed in areas where there is a strong EMI field. The center of a room is generally not a locus of an EMI field. Here, you are taking things out of context, and loosely applying it to suit your argument."

You jumped the gun *assuming* that EMI fields are involved with the quartz cluster between the speakers. Did you meaure the EMI fields? Anyway, completely understandable considering you see RFI/EMI behind every rock. That's what happens when your belief system doesn't allow you to consider any evidence that conflicts with your foregone conclusions.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." ~ old audiophile saying

"And it is silly to say that the human listener is not reacting to the changes. Of course the human ear is reacting, but it will react to many different changes. The key here is to understand the why's and how's of creating such changes. You can claim morphic resonances, but morphic resonances do not aid predictability, nor effectiveness of such changes."

Uh, Stu, she's not talking about the accuracy of human hearing, or the sensitivity of the human ear, she's taking about the human mind/body reacting to the surroundings. Geez, how many years have you been posting on this forum? .

"The more things change the more they stay the same." Old audiophile saying

"Just take your boy, GK, who often posts to try this and to try that without making any prediction of how those applications will change sound. He's simply shooting off in the dark, seemingly without being very precise despite claiming to be a "scientist". Its like reading those claims put forth by the believers of Nostradamus: they can always see events which have already occurred as being predicted, but can't predict in advance."

I take back what I said earlier, that now, we're getting somewhere. A scientist is willing to consider other, contradictory evidence and arguments, unlike yourself. You're simply being argumentative, the hallmark of close minded pseudo skeptics everywhere. In fact, you apparently don't even understand the proposition you're arguing so strenuously against! LOL

"In fact your post has me very puzzled. You are modifying your previous position in that now you are claiming that the body is reacting to changes in the environment. Now, how can that NOT be so? I've always claimed that the sensitivity of the human body far exceeds most instrumentation we have. Consider the example I've always used: that the best "noses" can distinguish one part per trillion as determined by spectrographic analysis of a cubic volume of air. Since many people seem to be more sensitive to sound than smell, how and what does that translate to hearing?"

You fail to understand her position, which nis that the mind/bidy react to the surroundings. Her position has precious little to do with how sensitive the human ears are. You're just being argumentative without understanding the position you're arguing about.

"An ordinary man has no means of deliverance." old audiophile saying

Edits: 05/22/11 05/22/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • An ordinary man has no means of deliverance - geoffkait 07:38:13 05/22/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.