Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: My speculation

>> “In the past you have claimed that the "effect" was working on the human body. Yes, it does, to the extent that you can hear it, but I do believe the electrons are actually working on the equipment, not the human body.” <<

It is the words “ON the human body” I am reacting to. I do not say that the effect is ON the human body, I say that the human being is REACTING to what is going on in their environment.” - Which is something different.

>> “Electrons are the only subatomic particle that we, as humans, can effectively utilize. Couple that with the battery ground tweak where we "unbalance" the electrical balance between positive and negative, and the ionizing devices are doing much the same, at least that is my speculation.” <<

You talk about “unbalancing” the electrical balance and that is how the battery ground tweak works. But, Unclestu, just the mere PRESENCE of a battery – in the listening environment – adversely affects the sound. The battery, just by being a battery (i.e a polarized object) is a problem. As is a magnet – also a problem just by being present in the environment

You say that using the battery ground tweak will give you improvements in the sound. Which you would no doubt describe as :-

>> “being more open, with clearer top end extension better microdynamics, and increased detail.” <<

I have no reason to challenge your observations. But, you can get identical improvements in the sound without using the battery in a ‘grounding situation’. !! Take ANY battery which is in ANY device (say a remote control, a smoke alarm, a walkman device just passively laying around in the room, etc) and ‘treat’ that battery and you can then have the ‘treated’ battery in exactly the same position, still with exactly the same ‘polarity’ but now no longer creating an adverse effect. One of the simple (and free) ‘treatments’ is to put that battery through the freezing/slow defrost treatment and you will have an identical improvement in the sound - i.e identical to the description you have just quoted when using a battery as a ‘ground tweak’ !!!

Tell me, Unclestu, in the situations described, when the actual objects involved can be metres and metres away from any audio equipment, how on earth can they be “affecting the signal travelling through the audio equipment” or “affecting the acoustic air pressure waves and vibrations” ???? Situations where you are NOT using the battery in a ‘grounding situation’ but getting identical improvements in the sound ?

Anomalies such as those are what I am talking about. ,

The adverse effect (on the sound) of the presence in the environment of such as batteries, cannot be explained by those batteries having a DIRECT effect on the human body – i.e. ‘beaming through or to the body’. So, if it is the human observer who is being affected then the effect must be from a reaction to those objects being present in the environment.
I have been actively involved in the audio industry for over 50 years so I am fully aware of such things as capacitance, inductance, resistance, electromagnetism, RF interference, Microwave energy, the dielectric effect, microphony, vibrations, static etc. etc and how the various things COULD affect the audio signal on it’s journey through the audio system but I also know, even stretching imagination to the extreme, what would NOT be affecting the audio signal to the extent to give such descriptions of improvements in the sound as :-

>> “Better pace & rhythm, better air and space around instruments, sparkle, transparency, openness, imaging, soundstaging, naturalness and musicality, not to mention bass improvements.” <<

To get any further along the journey of discovery, you have to look far more seriously at the anomalies one encounters.

Anomalies are the brick wall one comes up against. The best person to read on the subject of anomalies in science is Thomas Kuhn !!!!!!!!!!!!

Either researchers choose to ignore the anomalies because they are too difficult (for the researcher) to ‘deal with’, or the researchers ‘do not have time to investigate but intend to look at them later’, or they try to push, pull squeeze, bend, stretch the anomalies they are observing to try to fit in with their conventional training and conventional understandings.

So many so called ‘tweaks’ are not giving improvements in the sound by adding something, they are giving improvements in the sound by reducing an already existing adverse effect !! You can’t add new information to the orchestral score of Dvorak’s New World if that information is not already encoded on the recording.

So, the information which gives you the improvements you describe of :-

>> “being more open, with clearer top end extension better microdynamics, and increased detail.” <<

MUST have already been there, available, all the time. Until you did this, and that, and that and that TWEAK !!!!

And, therefore, if you can experience IDENTICAL improvements of :-

From doing things which cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be having an effect on the audio signal or having an effect on the acoustic air pressure waves, then whatever it was you do/did must be considered as doing the same thing – i.e reducing an already existing adverse effect !!
THAT is when you start on the path of discovery. By NOT avoiding, dismissing, ignoring anomalies !!

I see someone calling themselves edbk has just described ‘feeling’ worse AND actually hearing the sound ‘worse’ :-

>> “with all the rocks on the table I had a bigass midrange suckout for the few minutes I listened.” <<

With a variety of crystals positioned on a table in his listening room!!

It was one experience (a significant experience but one of many such) 30 years ago with something on a table spoiling our ‘sound’ that gave us certain clues as to what might be ‘going on’ in the modern environment !!

You are ‘thinking about’ positives and negatives, you are ‘thinking about’ polarities in an attempt to explain what you have observed but I still challenge you that you are pushing, pulling, squeezing, bending, stretching what you have observed to fit in with ‘something affecting the audio signal as it travels through the audio system’ or ‘something affecting the acoustic air pressure waves in the room’.

Positives and negatives can still be under consideration as can polarities because, yes, they are present in the environment. But not ALWAYS affecting the audio signal and not ALWAYS affecting the acoustic air pressure waves and vibrations in the room.

More and more people are HAVING TO consider the human beings reaction within the modern environment as a strong explanation for the ‘changes in the sound’ which many people experience.

Take for example Russell Lichter’s review of the LessLoss Blackbody device (StereoTimes July 2010).

>> “There are things going on here that I can't explain, that challenge my fundamental preconceptions of how electronic devices work. And some of those challenging concepts turn out to be quite audible in my stereo but have nothing directly to do with circuit type or design or components or room treatments, things that normally 'make a difference.' We have irrevocably entered an age of man-made electromagnetic radiation with the blind confidence conferred by hubris. ……….Our living rooms are no exception. If we could actually see these wavelengths, we'd be claustrophobic.” <<

And, during a lengthy discussion on the Stereophile Forum on the improvements in the sound heard from the tiny ART room devices, even John Atkinson was beginning to resort to suggesting “could it be the human being who is doing the reacting ?”

And I haven’t even touched on the subject of the effect (on the sound) of such as the Schumann Resonance device !!!!!!

Regards,
May Belt,
Manufacturer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.