Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Spectulation about the ion tweaks

>> “No one has an adequate explanation of how these surplus electrons can affect gear, and some have suggested that they are really affecting the human observer. While that may be true, electrons entering the human neural pathways will take a longer time to transit to the brain than what is perceived by most observers (users of the hair dryers say the aural effect is almost immediate).” <<

You say “no one has an adequate explanation of how these surplus electrons can affect gear (i.e can affect the audio signal)” but surely that is what has caused the most disagreements between you and I over these past few years ? You always seem to have been suggesting, repeatedly, that such things CAN and DO affect the actual audio system !!!

My major ‘bone of contention’ with you, Unclestu has primarily always been centred around the fact that you appear to want to explain EVERYTHING which affects the sound as ‘something having an effect on the audio signal travelling through the audio system’ or ‘something affecting the acoustic air pressure waves and vibrations in the room’. Whereas we, ourselves, have experienced so many anomalies which challenge such a narrow and limiting outlook.

At least Unclestu, in trying to figure out what might be ‘going on’, you have been more constructive than the more common simplistic and dismissive reaction of “Oh, it is auto-suggestion, or the placebo effect, or bias, or imagination, or effective marketing etc. etc. etc.

I can fully understand, however, how people would want to always believe that it is the audio signal or the acoustic air pressure waves which are being affected because the improvements in the sound they hear are sometimes SO striking that it MUST be because of more information being available !! Far MORE information seems to be available from the music of (say) Dvorak’s New World than one could possibly achieve from merely ‘being more relaxed’ !! And, the important question then arises “If that MORE information can be heard after a particular ‘tweak’, WHERE had all that information been BEFORE the ‘tweak’ ??

One thing which fuels the controversy surrounding ‘tweaks’ is that the people who do not try any of the ‘tweaks’ and therefore never experience the actual improvements in the sound which others are hearing and describing firmly believe that if they have the best equipment, then they must be hearing ALL the information available ! Whereas the people who DO experience striking improvements in the sound from certain ‘tweaks’ and are aware that what they are hearing IS more information, then they can recognise immediately when others describe a similar experience and are then not dismissive of others’ subjective experiences.

If you want to consider “something having an effect on the human observer”, then why do you want to think ONLY of ‘something transitting’ to the brain (and then entering the human neural pathways) ?? Why can’t you consider that it only has to be there, to BE IN THE ENVIRONMENT for it to have ‘an effect regarding the human being’ ? The human being can be affected (be reacting) without ‘whatever’ (electromagnetism, RF, microwave energy, ions, batteries, magnets, chemicals etc) actually “entering the brain” !!!

Regards,
May Belt,
Manufacturer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.