Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Spectulation about the ion tweaks

There has been much tossed about about things like the Himalayan Salt lamps, Ion generators, Tourmaline hair dryers and curlers, the battery ground tweak, and such. All seem to work on the same principle: a generator of negative ions (electrons) improves the sound quality heard. Typically the effect is described as being more open, with clearer top end extension better microdynamics, and increased detail.

No one has been able to provide an explanation for the perceived effects, however. One thing that has struck me is that electricity and electrons are basically he only subatomic particle we work with and harness on a daily basis. In that light, I suspect the ion generators are actually invoking the principles of quantum mechanics, where electrons can interact with other electrons at great distances instantly.

No one has an adequate explanation of how these surplus electrons can affect gear, and some have suggested that they are really affecting the human observer. While that may be true, electrons entering the human neural pathways will take a longer time to transit to the brain than what is perceived by most observers (users of the hair dryers say the aural effect is almost immediate). I suspect the quantum nature of the electron is what is affecting the circuitry.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Spectulation about the ion tweaks - unclestu 13:13:29 05/16/11 (43)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.