Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE:Good point! However, how much are interconnects limiting factor in separates?

"then the question is, why hasn't this less-is-more concept [integrated amplifiers] caught on in the supposedly performance-oriented high-end audio industry?"

IMO, and hopefully there's at least a handful that agree with me, that "high-end" really isn't so high-end, that the industry is not really performance-oriented like other performance-oriented industries. That from a performance perspective, high-end audio is really still very much in its infancy stages rather than at a mature stage.

That high-end audio is really more about the bling bling, winning performance wars on internet forums such as this, and keeping up with the Jones.

If any of the above is true (and it is), then it makes perfect sense that the more is more philosophy remains supreme while the less is more philosophy continues to make little sense.

I challenge you log into a Formula 1 or Top Fuel Dragster forum and try to convince either one of those groups that more is more.

Maybe not the best analogy, but if "high-end" audio generally fails miserably with 2 speakers, 2 pairs of IC's, and 2 or 3 components, how in the world could more speakers, more connections, and more components bring a system any closer to the absolute sound?

Especially when almost nobody has yet discovered where the serious flaws are within our components?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.