Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

OK, how about "putting together"?

I did not mean to imply fabrication, I was referring to that you spent time extracting that non-probative data.

Why?

I am actually trying to help you.

Because I think that your monomania about Stereophile is unhealthy.

It certainly is painful to watch.

Do I subscribe to a journal published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and then spend my time telling them on a monthly basis how they fail to measure up to my Cosmology, Ecclesiology, and Christology?

That answer would be "No."

There was a magazine called "Sensible Sound." I wonder what happened to it, but I don't wonder "Why?"

I know who my readers are, and what their concerns are, and JA is in charge of the whole schmeer. Constructive criticism we accept; monomania is painful to watch.

I was tactfully suggesting that you break away from this obsession of yours and listen to some music. Glad you have the B6 in your head.

Which is what I am about to do. Listen to music, that is. Most likely Mahler.

If it helps you, just envision Stereophile as a magazine put out by a shall we say "closed society with its own value system" (see above) and ponder the futility of asking it to throw overboard its maps and compasses.

Perhaps the time you spend trying to bait the bears here, would be better spent starting up your own little e-Zine!!! Ferret out all those preamps we have consigned to the Memory Hole!!!

Best of luck!

jm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • OK, how about "putting together"? - John Marks 15:44:32 03/23/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.