Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Ozzie, why is your glass always half empty?

Hmmm, where do I start, pinhead? The entire month's argument hints that some high end, but not Stereophile magazine, kept equipment beyond the review period. Some (I love that line) have even hinted that they may have kept equipment in exchange for more favorable reviews. Why not just say what they really mean? Please tell me, what rag might these people be refering to? The Sensible Sound? I wasn't calling you in particular out. People here throw this kind of crap around all the time. But they are sure to stay within the gray area so as to protect their credibility. They make ascertions... only to use the old, I heard it from so and so or heard it from un named sources... People need to have the cojones to be a man and just finish what they started to say.

Since you took it there, ye man with 6 foot headphones, we'll briefly discuss your speaker / room interactions. You are but the first audiophile / sound engineer / whatever, that I am personally aware of who claims to have + / - 2 Db from 200 Hz on down to 20 Hz, with no room tuning whatsoever. Either you have found a way to defeat the laws of physics or you are full of it. If you want to go on record as saying that by my saying this that I am somehow calling you a liar, do feel free to do so. It's the internet and you can say whatever you feel, to whomever you disagree with. But by putting words in my mouth by saying that I am accusing HP, JV or any of the other reviewers of TAS out, you are being a complete chump. It was not me who penned the article two months ago and subsequent responses on this thread.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.