Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Who here DOESN'T believe in The Freeze Effect? (Freezing items will improve sound?)

Serious Q.: I'm new to the Prop Head forum, and I'm surprised that for a place called "Audio Asylum", it's mostly made up of unusually conservative minds (perhaps I misunderstood the "Asylum" part and it's a reference to strait-jacketed thinking?). Minds who are extremely hostile to new ideas in audio that don't follow established patterns. Maybe Prop Head should properly be renamed "Naysayers Row", for the fact that its almost entirely made up of skeptics who pre-judge products and ideas they know nothing about? Okay, that's another discussion! Since "The Freeze Effect", which was mentioned here recently, is one of those new ideas in audio that don't follow established patterns (insofar as a 20+ year old idea can be called "new"), I'm curious to know how many here simply don't believe it, and if it's yet another idea that Prop Headers would rip to shreds, arguing "it cant posssibly work because ".

Or are there any that still don't even know about it? (I am referring to the idea that you can freeze your audio equipment and such in a domestic freezer, and improve its sound).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Who here DOESN'T believe in The Freeze Effect? (Freezing items will improve sound?) - Posy Rorer 11:00:17 04/10/07 (138)

You can not post to an archived thread.