Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Tweaks are audible, but may not be substantiated...

Hi.

by quantitative measuremnts due to limited knowledge & available instrumentation todate. DBT may help.

That's why we have to be open-minded & give such tweaking the benefit of doubt provided such tweaking can be at least rationalized by some scientific principles or theories.

FYI, I am subjective, rationally.

Like a $500 wooden knob as claimed by its vendor can improve the sound bigtime. One may instantly dismiss it as snake oils.

But if one takes a second thought. The mass of the knob can damp out the peaky resonances of the rotating shaft of the volume control
wiper, resulting sonic improvement.

At least there is some remote scientific rationing behind it, yet to be proven by the resultant resonance spectrum analysis or otherwise.

That's why I asked for technical explanation why a florinated water pot or some colourful labels can improve sound. How come minus 20C-30C domestic freezing can PERMANENTLY change the molecular stress balance of a metal? As I said, I am all ears.

We might have missed a lot out there. Nobody knows everything. Correct?

Let's be patient to recieve some technical reasoning from those who have made such sonic claims on their tweaks.

We entertain tweaks there in PHP, privided all such claims come up with some scientific reasoning, to say the least.

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.