Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

size matters

Well...
I suspected (didn't someone confirm that the whole wav file goes into ram/memory?) that XX wasn't playing because my single album wav files (normally played with a cue file) might be too big. So I created a multi wav file album from Orbital - The Altogether... If it sounds good I'm also in the mood for some Wicked Tinkers... I'll have to rerip that too :/ (I sure hope he can make it work for cue/wav files)
AND
Those smaller wav files play ... hmm no I haven't but given it the briefest of listens before running into here to post about it hehe. But i doubt the player will be so good I want to rerip my collection into multi wav albums. It's late, I shouldn't be up, and I've already listened for more than a couple hours tonight to the system... but i'll give it a couple songs right now.

I'm running WinXP and only 512 of ram on the front end laptop... I could get another gig and a half and throw it in there if that would help... but maybe i misunderstand what's going on.

Edits: 07/01/07 07/01/07

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.