Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

and the reasons are...

K I found reasons why I was having difficulty. These aspects of my Front End computer held me up: my OS is WinXP; I'm running a USB DAC; and my USB DAC is not my primary sound card.

There are 3 "engines" to choose from in XXHE.

From the XXHE help file about the first engine it says "Over USB drivers, allows a maximum of 64MB tracks only" So, I can only run engine #1 if my wav files are 64MB or less. That's why my whole album single wav/cue files won't work with engine #1, but splitting them up into individual song wav files does... as long as the song isn't over 64MB.
This is the only engine I've been able to listen to.

Engine #2 also works with XP and gets around the 64MB limit, but only works with Primary Sound Driver. My USB DAC is not my Primary Sound Driver and so I can't use Engine #2. (Anyone know how I can change my sound card priorities to make my USB DAC the Primary Sound Driver?) Even if I could make this engine #2 work, I may not have enough ram to play my whole album single wav files... idk [i have 512k of ram... i can have up to 2 gigs of ram]

edit
Figured out how to make the USB DAC my Primary Sound Driver ... but that's by going into Sound and Audio Devices and putting Kmixer, well, back in the mix. In his help file for Engine #2 it reads "Needs proper tweaking OS of settings, in order for KMIxer does not interfere (resamples). " So I'll need to look into those tweaks since I've reversed the way I got around kmixer in foobar.

Engine #3 still uses Primary Sound Driver only and only works with Vista. My laptop is running WinXP... but I'd still run into my USB DAC not being the PRimary Sound Driver even if I picked up Vista.

From all I've read, this Player is a work in progress... so all these "constraints" might change... i hope so.

Edits: 07/01/07 07/01/07 07/01/07 07/01/07 07/01/07

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • and the reasons are... - SeVeReD 10:02:24 07/01/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.