Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

PHY vs. Visaton vs. Hemp vs Hartley 220 *" drivers

I currently have a pair of the Jordan JX92s TL speakers which I thorougly enjoy. But it is time to upgrade.

I want to build a DIY OB design using one of the above listed drivers.

I have read excellent feedback regarding the Hemp Matrix FRC and Visaton B200 FR drivers. The cost for both is very reasonable, around $125/each. I have never heard either driver.

I have heard the PHY 8" w/o a tweeter in an OB and was amazed. Simply sounded wonderful, in a league beyond the Jordans. The downside is the cost @ nearly $800/each.

The Hartleys are a mystery to me. These are not very well known and yup they are still being made. But I have spoken to several people in the know and they have great things to say about these drivers. Fast, detaled and natural. They are not cheap @ $500/each.

Cost is not really an option. But if the more expensive drivers are incrementally better, why spend the money.

Any feedback from others with experience with the above would be appreciated. What are the pros and cons of each?

It would be helpful to get an informative thread started.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - PHY vs. Visaton vs. Hemp vs Hartley 220 *" drivers - jwr159 01:28:32 03/07/07 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.