Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: the 220msg is actually a

Thanks to all who posted.

I have been racking my brains out trying to Figure out what to buy and build.

I checked into the Feastrix. This is a very expensive driver @ $4000/pair. Probably not willing to spend that much.

The Visaton and Hemps are about $125/each. Very reasonable, but I ma not sure if I am selling my self short. I don't mind spending more because I would like to build something special.

I heard the PHYs and really like them. I am told that Supravox and probably the Fertins are a little better. Both of these are field coil and require a power supply, Not a show stopper, but it does complicate things.

I am very much intrigued by the Hartleys. SNKBY, you are correct, they are a coax speaker. They also have a number of neat features, such a using a magnet for the cone return, a magnet design to maintain a steady flux in the gap, a lightweight polymer cone. I have never heard the Hartleys though. People I have spoken to though have said mixed things. Most love them, saying they are fast, detailed and natural. Other say they don't do much in the high end. Someone else mentioned that have a "suck out: around 5 Khz. I have no idea if these claims are true or not.

Another interesting possibility is the DC Gold Audio Lorelei, which is a 5" FR driver. DC Gold took over from Babb. They have redesigned the speakers. They are not quite ready for production, but according to the owner, the Lorelei will be comparable with the Manger driver.

Well there it is.... Still confused.

SNKBY, would appreciate it if you could comment on the Hartleys.

What cabinet design to you have?

What do you like/dislike?

Much appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.