Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: ELectro-Voice Empire sound better then Altec Valencia

There are three speakers (other then the high-end EV) that I considered as a competition to Altecs, the Aristocrat, Empire and Regency. If you didn't have the Empire then what did you had. My guess some of EV non horn-loaded speakers which will not compare to anything with a horn. If you like your speakers that's is great, that's all what count!

Just a note:
Did you notice how many Altecs change hand on the used market, and most from real users. Vintage EVs are hard to come by and if you finally found a pair they most likely from dealers that got them from estate sale or garage sale (like mine) and just have no regard to hi-fi. Just for a test check eBay auctions for Altec and Electgro-Voice in the next couple of weeks and see for yourself. People get then due to high reviews and soon after place them back on the auction block, they just do not sound good without a complete redesign.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: ELectro-Voice Empire sound better then Altec Valencia - Duboiz 08:52:52 03/05/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.