Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: New Developments in USB DSD DAC's and ADC's

All bits are born copyrighted. You have to buy a first license from Mr. One and a second license from Mr. Zero. :-) In Fascists states, breaking DRM on material that you own so you can enjoy "fair use" is a crime, but then there are many other innocent activities that are crimes in Fascist states.

There are patents on the method of storing the encryption key ("pit processing") on SACD disks, but these certainly don't apply here. There are other patents on editing DSD, none of which really work anyhow. There are patents on DSD compression and on DSD modulators. The basic format (pulse density) has been used for a long time—I was using it in some code I wrote for an Apple II in the late 1970's, but I won't say what the code used for. :-)

I don't mess with SACDs because of the DRM. It was one of several reasons why SACD failed in the marketplace.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.