Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: New Developments in USB DSD DAC's and ADC's

Hi Ted,
Wow, very impressive, glad to see someone else playing with this stuff.

Yeah, it all comes down to software/drivers.

The ElectrArt FPGA has a custom driver and very basic playback/recording software, definitely proprietary. The USBPAL supports the ASIO 2.1 standard, which has had official support for DSD for years, yet I still don't know any software which will playback DSD with an ASIO interface (wonder what mytek plans to play dsd with, maybe they will release some simple playback software along with there new DAC).
I am aware of the pyramix systems, which can playback dsd, not cheap, and they do not support ASIO standards for DSD, they demand their dedicated hardware. If something doesn't develop I am almost ready to start programming, this needs to be added to some open source projects like VLC, cPlay and Audacity.

I am really interested in your glass interface. Please tell us more. I have not seen DSD optical links. I have been trying to find the IC's detailed in the sony SDIF-3 paper to make my own SDIF-3 link, as this seems to be the only standard interface established for dsd data.
-Alexander

Viva Vinyl!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.