Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Albert Einstein once said "Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Frihed89 said "If that is what upsampling is all about, then I don't understand why it's such a big deal."

Generally it seems great for marketing. Period! CD is perfect sound forever... 8x is better than 4x and 128x is better still... Damn marketing! Sure the higher the oversampling the 'better' the filter and the ability to use complex algorithms to interpolate data. Theta Digital and perhaps Meridian are perhaps the best companies to have achieved such a feat IMHO. This involves DSP chips and custom programmed mathematics, not just an off-the-shelf solution as most companies use.

But is it really 'better'???

Then we have others who go against the great marketing companies and make up their own saying like "No highs no lows, must be Bose." FYI: Over the years i have yet to hear an across the board complete dominant advantage of oversampling in a cut and dry manner.

Enjoy the Music (Still ZZ Top on vinyl, but a different vinyl record),

Steven R. Rochlin

"I want your hi fi mama, won't you let me play it tonight
I want your hi fi mama, won't you let me play it tonight
I put the needle in the groove, baby while you douse the lights.

I play it on your dresser, play it upside your wall
I play it in your kitchen, even play it in your hall
I play it anywhere you want it, any old time at all.

Hi fi lo fi no fi's just fine with me.
Hi fi lo fi no fi's just fine with me.
And if you want to give me stereo first give me vitamin E.
I got your name and your number."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.