Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Test of LRS on Audio Science Review website

I've been thinking about getting some DRC going for my system. I have Home Audio Fidelity filters running via Roon but I want something that lives on any source, maybe the MiniDSP SHD Studio. Anyway last night I was plowing through DSP threads and I found something interesting on ASR. In the thread, Amir links to something that basically said, and he agreed with, that you can't measure what happens in your head regarding sound. I'm going to try to find the link. So yeah, he knows better. Or should I say he knows you can't measure perception. @mitchco on AudiophileStyle has some good stuff on what happens with response curves vs what we perceive. Anyway, I like Amir's work when it comes to measuring hardware. He's very good at rooting out bad designs and finding faulty equipment. It's scary how much faulty stuff is out there. He's also a believer in Dirac DRC. And I'm sorry but that means he knows speakers interact with rooms. Maggies need walls and floors to work. Those same walls and floors can cause problems if you don't have the setup correct. Some may choose their spouse by measurements alone but it rarely works out.

Edits: 09/30/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.