Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Ahh yes, now I see where

My comment relating to you keeping half the money is in reference to how you kept it going for so long. The other members I am aware of, that were scammed by you, have explained their incident as receiving a partial refund and cables, the half comment was a guestimate. The fact that you took me for all my money is why the scam came to light. If you would of sent me a partial refund, by the way 400 dollars is not half so it wouldn’t apply to my statement or incident even if I did receive your mythological payment, I probably would of walked away and chalked it up as a misfortune.

My experience with you has left me in dismay. You have done what I considered to be impossible. I sent a member of audiogon, with a considerable amount of positive feedback, 861 dollars and you ripped me off. I am still scratching my head over this. I have lost all faith in the controls to prevent being scammed.

Your reference to CPK not having as much feedback as you, means nothing. Your feedback comes from selling nickel and dime items. Your like the 5 & dime store of cables. You sell sub par cables for less than a 100 dollars. In fact your cables are some of the cheapest available. Most of your customers are beginners or people on a strict budget. They don’t have the experience with cables to begin with, let alone decent cables costing a bit more. Not to mention, what kind of systems your cables are being installed in. Look at your system... this is a copy and paste from you.

"My current reference speakers are modified Fostex Fe167e drivers in a TQWP enclosure"

And I have seen the level of your electronics in your ads.

Your customers see your false claims of gold and silver at such a low cost, and pull the trigger thinking what’s to loose? If they are better than my Monster or generic cables, I made an improvement with little cost. If they are not, I only risked 80 bucks or so. So they take a chance. When they install your cables they probably convince themselves there is an improvement. All your feedback and positive reviews are based on how inexpensive your cables are. Anyone can go out there and find a gauge, metal and jacket that performs ok...Twist it up in their mothers basement (you did let everyone know you still live at home right?) with a drill and sell them for cheap on audiogon. You can convince anyone that they sound good. Its a 50/50 chance. Hitler convinced people of all kinds of things.

You made the same comment about my feedback, CPK and I could start selling nick knacks on audiogon too and rack up a bunch of positive feedback. What is the point, its not worth our time, I make more money at my job. This type of feedback doesn’t mean sh-t, and your a prime example of that. A guy sells a bunch of CDs and Vinyl. He acquires a bunch of positive feedback. Then he lists a 10,000 dollar turntable….are you comfortable sending this guy 10,000 dollars across country for a SPJ La Luce? (do you know what that is?) I don’t think so.

I tried your Gold Super helix (or whatever you call them) You are using the same gauge and wire for speakers cables and interconnects. The cable absolutely sucked as speaker cables. I am using low powered 45 push pulls for a whopping 3 watts, in theory this gauge cable should work well, it did not. I am being honest, may my dog be hit by a car if I am lying, in this application the cables sounded slow, veiled and muddy. They lacked dynamics, my soundstage was compressed and homogenized. They did not last very long at all. Now as interconnects, they were not bad. They were not great, but they were acceptable for the price you usually sell them for. Not the 861 dollars I paid for them.

CPK is selling power cables in the 500 to 700 dollar range. Based on his posts and literature, I am convinced they are probably pretty good. Since my incident with you, I have taken a step back, but I will try his power cables in the future thats a promise.

I apologize again for stealing this thread, but this guy needs to go away for good.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.