Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I will add, not all people...

Hello Guys!

This question just BEGS for an honest explanation-- so here goes:

(1) Most recording studios strive to "lay down" a track that they enjoy and want you to enjoy. This is the art form of making music-- that's only part of it as the musicians are doing the same thing.

(2) If a person involved in audio playback CHANGES this in some way-- to fit a certain taste, then it is no longer the same recording.... it has been perverted.

(3) In fact, the only audio equipment that has any merit is that which reproduces what the musicians did and what the Studio recorded, keeps musician attitudes, dynamics and musical flows intact, and leaves absolutely nothing out. I'll repeat that: LEAVES NOTHING OUT.

(4) Sometimes, I have been accused of being a one-way guy-- "do it my way", so to speak. Incorrect.

My way-- or your way is not relevant. What the Studio recorded IS relevant.

(5) I apply no personal taste-- so please get over it! I use the best parts and methods that I can find or invent in order to reproduce the STUDIO RECORDING accurately. When I need help, I look for the best there is-- and I listen and learn-- and APPLY.

I never consider the source. The only thing I consider is what is true. Truth-- on any subject-- can and will stand on its own. One DOES have to look for, and recognize it!

I much prefer people who KNOW THAT THEY ARE THE BEST-- and ACT LIKE IT. I'm not interested in my own ego or in any of my own tastes-- or in any other egos or tastes.. I learn from the best primarily because I don't shoot the messenger-- instead, I like him because he is relating valuable information to me.

I want to hear those music recordings reproduced RIGHT... regardless of what they are, with total repeatable, no-fuss/no adjustments, and long term reliability designed in. Period-- that's all I want.

That's the minimum required!

(6) Of course, there are methods to do this, and there are methods that don't get it right-- or worse, some very popular methods that many people use and like (for want of better equipment, ideas and execution)--that will please some people-- but will leave out very important parts of the recorded experience-- or the equipment will change-- or need an---ahem!!-- er, uh--- ah--- adjustment! WHY!!!!! JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What they don't know won't hurt them"-- or something like that--"Never had it, so therefore it doesn't exist"? "Never had any, so don't want any"?

"Each guy to his own tastes"? BULLSHIT. Each guy should try to reproduce it RIGHT-- or get someone who CAN!

This shouldn't be about your tastes or my tastes-- it's about accurate musical reproduction. All of it, please!

(7) Merely pointing out which methods do what-- does not constitute a personal verbatim or personal taste any more than observing that gravity pulls downward does.

(8) One can observe what is in a musical product-- and then, if he is honest, should cast his personal prejudices aside, and adopt only those electronic methods that result in accurately reproducing that music!

---Dennis---

Edits: 06/01/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.