Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: And assuming your post is sincere,

"My point is that your argument is circular. One the one hand, you say you can't hear a difference between Jplay and your default setup (which is perfectly reasonable) but, on the other, you put the onus on those who dismiss JRiver's claim that JPlay distorts the sound to prove their point (without, incidentally, asking for JRiver to prove its)."

It seems to me you are putting words into JRiver's mouth and then attacking me for not knowing what you are talking about. JRiver's site says:

"JRiver recommends that you uninstall Jplay. It adds a layer of sound processing that can degrade sound quality, performance, and stability."

Note the word "can" in that quote. It means that sound degradation is a possibility, not a certainty. That's a far cry from saying "JPlay distorts the sound," your words and not JRiver's. Why you are so upset about something JRiver did not say, and why you think I'm putting the burden on others to disprove something I don't think was ever said is beyond me.

Now, if there is another quote that I'm unaware of, then I'll be happy to read it if you provide a link to it.

JE

Edit: Added link to JRiver's "Jplay is a Hoax" web page.

Edits: 04/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.