Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Bad Science and Arrogance

Bad Science

Austin wrote, "[JGH] Listened [to the Belt devices], heard no effect, and attributed the effect others claimed to hear to the power of suggestion--the same conclusion I reached about the IC."

If you are in anyway suggesting that what JGH did was comparable to what you did, you should be glad that I was not reviewing your thesis. There is a night-and-day difference between performing an experiment and sharing the results (as JGH did) as opposed to sharing your opinions without the benefit of any experimental results (as you did).

Arrogance

Austin asserts that he couldn't put forth a nuanced view on the IC due to the limited space he was allowed. I have a hard time accepting that this was the actual problem. Here on the Audio Asylum, where there is no shortage of space, Austin writes things like, "The IC CAN NOT possibly work."

Now, Jim, let me ask you a question. Did you ever change your mind about anything pertaining to audio? Or were your opinions somehow fully formed (like the newly born Athena springing forth from Zeus' head, wearing full armor and uttering a war cry) before you had any experiences with hi-fi? For instance, did you ever think that there was no way that speaker cables could sound different, but then had some experiences that caused you to reconsider your position?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.