Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Disagree ...

But that's only what my own experience tells me, and that includes experience with cables, in particular ICs. However I get the distinct impression my experience is in concert with those of a great many audiophiles (not to mention reviewers).

BTW, in case there's any possible doubt, my opinions are my own and I'm no Stereophile groopie. I used and enjoyed a ARC SP9II for almost a decade and as far as I know it might be the only ARC component that could be said to have received a good spanking by Stereophile. It replaced an Acdom 565 which, roughly at the same time, was a budget component that they cooed over (and placed very high in the 'list'). Verdict: SP9II beat the pants of the 565 in the 'realism' department, especially for phono.

Eventually they tried to back down (in a "Follow-up") by claiming a certain tube brought the SP9II to respectibility but that was pure BS. I moved to those tubes myself and found only a minor improvement, not changing the essential sound in any significant way.

---

p.s. Suggest column "As We See It" be renamed to "As I See It". That subtle change alone would have many of you unexperienced (in the empirical sense) views considerably less alarming.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.