Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Who said it did? Perhaps you missed the question mark at the end of the sentence...

It wasn't a statement of fact. Perhaps if you took the time to read both links you would have understood that.

Sure, everything changes the sound. What you have yet to prove is first, that all changes are audible, and secondly, that they are improvements, not simply changes in flavor. But you make a living selling people modifications so it doesn't serve your business model to actually acknowledge the simple fact that there are indeed limits to human hearing and thus not all mods are audible.

Further, while some of your modifications may produce a different sound that some, including yourself, may prefer to the stock sound, you have yet to present any measurements that prove an actual objective improvement in the performance of the equipment modified. In other words, different doesn't mean "better". If people like the change, great. But don't try to peddle your sound effects as real performance improvements because you have provided nothing to substantiate such claims.

I have read about your ncore mods and claimed "improvements". While they may alter the sound in a way some like, it boggles the mind to think that you, without a single class d amp design to your name, have somehow improved the performance of an amp designed by one of, if not the, leading designers of high performance class d amps. But stranger things have happened so please, post some measured improvements in the performance of the ncore and I will be the first to congratulate you.

Personally, I prefer the wire with gain approach. Others like to add some seasoning to their sound. Whatever works for you is just fine by me, but let's be honest about what is actually taking place.

Edits: 08/09/15 08/09/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.