Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Good points

> Sure. But then they shouldn't expect to be taken seriously if they're going to play games like that.

Like what? Is it unreasonable of them to request changes if they view the proposed test as flawed? They seemed to allow a lot of latitude, except for a few points which seemed reasonable. Again, YOU get to submit the protocol. It's *ENTIRELY* fair that they get to tweak it.

> I'm certain that he did.

I'm not so sure. He didn't seem to understand why he couldn't see his system. Well, in the final protocol (the one testing GSIC against *no* GSIC, instead of a deactiated one) he shouln't be able to see if they are using the chip or not, and as a check against shananigans (IE cheating). Pretty basic. That KRAMER guy suggested a bedsheet, which Wellfed seemed to ignore.

> but only with a three ring circus going on around him and not anything like his usual routine.

You mean, a guy in the room watching, and another guy coming in to apply the treatment? That's a total of (1) person in the room at all times, and (1) person in occasionally. I guess if you count Wellfed, that *could* be considered a three ring circus. Was Wellfed claiming he could only hear differences in treated and untreated discs when he was the only person in the room? This is something he should have checked in to before starting the claim process, maybe. Of course there would be an observer during the tests, if for no other reason to make sure there were no shenanigans going on. (IE Cheating)

> absolutely no reason why Wellfed shouldn't have been allowed to simply take those discs home with him and listen to them at his leisure or do anything else with them that he wanted to, such as applying the Walker Vivid.

Because it's a *controlled* double blind test. All he gets to do is listen, if he took them home he could be subjecting them to other kinds of tests not in the protocol. Remember, JREF doesn't trust you, as much as you don't trust them. They have nothing to prove, weather the chip works or not. It's the applicant who has to prove to them that they can perform some feat within some parameters (that the *applicant* determines!)

> As long as any handling is done after the disc has been treated (or not as the case may be), who cares?

They do. Why *would* he have to handle the discs? I didn't see him answer that question. The less the subject of the test has to do with the mechanics of it, the better, especially in this protocol. I proposed a protocol where the subject can do whatever they like to the discs a while ago in GA, I guess nobody read it.

> Though I don't see why the procedure can't be done to all the discs prior to listening so that he can just be with himself and the dics and do whatever comparisons he likes with the reference disc, etc.

That's the protocol I proposed :)

/*Music is subjective. Sound is not.*/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.