Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Infrant ReadyNAS NV and other PC audio related Q's

I'm looking into getting an Infrant ReadyNAS NV as a wireless network server for my PC audio system. My intent is to get a bigger drive and have it networked wirelessly. In the future I may get a Squeezebox 3. For now I have a Mac Mini using iTunes system.

Anyone have experience with the Infrant and have comments? Is it quiet?

Is it easy to set up and manage using a Mac? I would probably keep the Mac Mini with it in another room to rip albums and use a laptop connected to my audio system to play music via a USB DAC I have (and share the Mac Mini iTunes playlist). Is it easy to use something like the Infrant to do this?

This looks like a good solution for large storage needs and the wireless network capabilities since the computer itself does not have to be on to stream audio.

I've passed on the Olive concept for now since almost everything I read leads to the conclusion that it's not ready for primetime. And the drive size is limited. The Squeezebox looks interesting if a bit complicated. I know the Mac is easy.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Infrant ReadyNAS NV and other PC audio related Q's - Budrew 19:20:24 09/05/06 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.