Partly by pushing and being pulled by the desire for portability and flexibility across it's hardware. So, many "audiophiles" are parting from Apple.
In the past and present on the audiophile side without a monopolist or even a few oligopolists with market power, nothing new is fully compatible with anything else and demand is fragmented across many different preferences in terms of formats and hardware.
Will this ever changed, or are we doomed by the low and fragmented level of demand? What will be the next new...low? Where is Superman?
Those of us who still favor the Red Book format and NOS Dacs don't have quite the same problems, but the competition seems healthier and demand is more uniform in terms of preferences. Is there something more to be found, there? Something to do with changes in bit depth + technology?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Apple has found out what is users want - Frihed89 04:09:25 06/02/17 (15)
- RE: Apple has found out what is users want - BubbaMike 18:29:12 06/24/17 (0)
- RE: Apple has found out what is users want - Melvin Joseph Andros 11:44:42 06/24/17 (0)
- RE: Apple has found out what is users want - Palustris 09:19:40 06/03/17 (1)
- RE: Apple has found out what is users want - AbeCollins 07:34:36 06/05/17 (0)
- Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 07:54:55 06/02/17 (10)
- RE: Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about [nt] - Frihed89 10:41:06 06/02/17 (9)
- Ah! I see! - Chris from Lafayette 15:10:12 06/02/17 (8)
- +1 I'm glad you asked for clarification.... - AbeCollins 17:22:47 06/02/17 (1)
- Or Jazz, Classical, Geezer Rock. ( probably more ) - oldmkvi 18:03:53 06/02/17 (0)
- RE: (with third-party SW of course) - Ivan303 17:07:38 06/02/17 (5)
- I'm using HQ Player in combination with the exaSound drivers for my e38 DAC - Chris from Lafayette 21:32:04 06/02/17 (3)
- RE: I'm using HQ Player in combination with the exaSound drivers for my e38 DAC - oldmkvi 22:07:54 06/02/17 (2)
- As far as I can tell, the hum seems to be coming from the DAC itself - Chris from Lafayette 00:09:00 06/03/17 (1)
- RE: As far as I can tell, the hum seems to be coming from the DAC itself - oldmkvi 06:18:42 06/03/17 (0)
- HQ Player does Down-Sampling too. nt - oldmkvi 20:55:32 06/02/17 (0)