Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

You're not alone.

My wife doesn't care - flatly doesn't care. She's not as interested in listening to music as I am. When I listen in the living room, she's elsewhere. When I go to the cave, I usually have it all to myself. For the HT stuff, adding the visual information dramatically improves steering anyway, so it's hardly an issue.

Regardless, I can listen quite enjoyably from nine different seats - I know because I have. Of course, the setup is all about the front, center seat - as it should be. Sometimes, it's okay to be a narcissist ;-).

---

I must add to the comments regarding placing the tweeters closer - for greatly improved image depth. When I made the switch, I had a flashback from the '80s - sonic holography. Wow! I pretty much follow Magnepan's recommendation regarding toe angle (pictured in their manual). Improving the setup for my selfish enjoyment didn't result in the cry of foul from the individuals who sit elsewhere.

Ultimately, I think they are quite enjoyable from practically anywhere in the room, but they still sound their best from a single vantage point. As listening is typically a solitary activity, that's not a problem for me.

Edits: 02/12/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.