Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I am such an egotistical bastard...

...that I never made an effort to widen the sweet spot. For all the good things that I have achieved in optimizing this MMG setup, this aspect has never received ANY attention.

I can sit right or left of my best listening spot and derive most of the same benefit. Tonally they are almost as enjoyable and most imaging remains outstanding...but the center imaging between the speakers does shift more obviously. Imaging behind the MMGs, surprisingly, shifts less than the center, probably due to my specific layout.

Overall, the sides are still quite enjoyable. In fact, if my wife joins me, she gets the center of the sofa and I get a side. For non-classical music and for TV I get all the goodies I need. Which is to say, this is still far better imaging than most people will get from a sweet spot in other speakers.

For classical or orchestral music, however, I need to own that sweet spot. Thank heavens she doesn't like this kind of music all that much.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.