Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Speaking of nice price. posted by Duster on June 17, 2017 at 21:24:00:
Quite a few years ago I came across some Belden 2 cond. 16 AWG silver plated stranded cable spec'd out for instrument signal wire. It was unusual in that there were more stands per bundle and it was silver plated. I thought it was tinned but found out it was in fact silver so it piqued my interest. Since there was plenty left when the project was complete I acquired some to sample. It was and is to date the best speaker cable I have have come across. I use two pair per speaker which works out to about 13awg per leg.
After I stripped the cover I used it to make interconnects too, though I have to be careful where I use them as they can sound shrill/ bright. I have many vintage tube pieces that they work well with.
Copper spade connectors are a common commodity as well. Though those you listed are priced well as most audiophile items are absurdly expensive.
So you see I can DIY most any cable that cannot be touched for the price.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - CMC CMC-6005-CU-R Bare Copper Spade - Duster 00:00:50 06/16/17 (16)
- Cardas Bare Copper Spade - mitch2 09:47:19 06/17/17 (4)
- RE: Cardas Bare Copper Spade - Duster 18:04:31 06/19/17 (3)
- RE: CMC CMC-6005-CU-R Bare Copper Spade - Uncle Mike 03:44:58 06/17/17 (7)
- CMC CMC-6005-CU-R - Even better price found - Duster 13:58:23 06/19/17 (1)
- Nice...THX....nt - Uncle Mike 17:06:48 06/19/17 (0)
- Speaking of nice price. - Duster 21:24:00 06/17/17 (4)
- AudioQuest FLX/SLiP 14/4 Speaker Cable By the Foot - Duster 19:12:50 06/19/17 (0)
- RE: Speaking of nice price. - Uncle Mike 06:47:43 06/18/17 (2)
- Definitely pure copper. - Duster 18:35:31 06/16/17 (2)