Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: CMC CMC-6005-CU-R Bare Copper Spade posted by Duster on June 16, 2017 at 00:00:50:
I bent the inner clamping platform outwards in order to fit my soldering iron between the folds. Definitely pure copper, not brass.
The high amount of concentrated heat from the soldering iron tip required to make proper solder joints is also a clear indicator of being a pure copper connector. Pre-tinning both the connector and the conductor is fully recommended.
Otherwise, the high-mass copper connector is designed for an excellent crimp termination, soldering, or both.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - CMC CMC-6005-CU-R Bare Copper Spade - Duster 00:00:50 06/16/17 (18)
- Cardas Bare Copper Spade - mitch2 09:47:19 06/17/17 (5)
- RE: Cardas Bare Copper Spade - Duster 18:04:31 06/19/17 (4)
- one grief about WBT is the screws may never come back apart... - 3+4=5 10:49:57 06/24/17 (0)
- RE: Cardas Bare Copper Spade - mitch2 22:38:07 06/19/17 (2)
- RE: CMC CMC-6005-CU-R Bare Copper Spade - Uncle Mike 03:44:58 06/17/17 (8)
- CMC CMC-6005-CU-R - Even better price found - Duster 13:58:23 06/19/17 (1)
- Nice...THX....nt - Uncle Mike 17:06:48 06/19/17 (0)
- Speaking of nice price. - Duster 21:24:00 06/17/17 (5)
- AudioQuest FLX/SLiP 14/4 Speaker Cable By the Foot - Duster 19:12:50 06/19/17 (1)
- AudioQuest FLX/SLiP 14/4 Speaker Cable Wiring Scheme - Duster 19:58:04 06/23/17 (0)
- RE: Speaking of nice price. - Uncle Mike 06:47:43 06/18/17 (2)
- Definitely pure copper. - Duster 18:35:31 06/16/17 (2)