Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? posted by Kingshead on March 22, 2017 at 14:10:35:
Well thanks all for the (good) suggestions, and I'm fully aware there are better amps available, even for cheap (we don't have goodwill in Brussels tho).
However, the receiver is bought and shés getting it tomorrow.
As I enjoy tweaking electronics, I'm merely looking to improve this one in the meantime.
What's more, the receiver is 2x 80w / 8ohms which can be helpful with the 88dB JBL for those accusional party moments, so if I can make it a bit better for a few euros, I would try.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - How to improve a lousy receiver? - KanedaK 03:08:41 03/22/17 (13)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - Lou S 05:49:28 04/01/17 (0)
- punt - Awe-d-o-file 16:46:11 03/24/17 (0)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - Kingshead 14:10:35 03/22/17 (4)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - KanedaK 15:26:10 03/22/17 (3)
- I was ripped out the entire preamp section of a Yamaha receiver - jedrider 10:00:40 03/22/17 (0)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - KanedaK 07:03:58 03/22/17 (2)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - Crazy Dave 10:13:21 04/02/17 (0)
- RE: How to improve a lousy receiver? - pictureguy 20:55:50 04/01/17 (0)
- replace it with a good one....nt - vinnie2 03:51:29 03/22/17 (1)
- This... Even Goodwill has better stuff for $19.98 or less. nt - 3+4=5 10:10:37 03/22/17 (0)