Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

My Point was

that is doesn't have much market value left if you try to sell it. If it was my unit, I would put it in my kitchen (you already have that one covered), the backyard or the garage. The Duet is not a high-end unit. It has a lackluster analog output with a fair amount of jitter and a high noise-floor and a poorly-implemented S/PDIF output. It is perfectly capable of playing music, from cd or otherwise. You asked what to do with it and you got an answer. If you instead asked what to replace one with in your main system, that would be a different question. But it is fair to say that nobody would suggest another Duet at this point.

FYI, the Duet controller will work with a SBT, which is probably the simplest thing you could put in your main system at the moment that would yield a better digital transport without a larger investment of time and money. So, there is an answer to what else should I look at as a replacement. You can find reasonably-priced SBT's on ebay here in the classifieds and at audiogon periodically as people are starting to move away from the LMS universe.

Edits: 06/22/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.