Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Two functions

"Internet Radio" in the menu lets you add urls to your favorite Internet stations. I have several SOMAFM stations, KPLU and KEXP. The metadata provided by the station doesn't linkback to the Roon servers on those, so there are no hyperlinks to read about the artists as the radio station plays but you can see song/title info. The advantage here is that you can get MP3 streams into Roon and out through HQPlayer and you have to do your own searching/selection. They don't have a menu of suggestions. It is largely a courtesy functionality requested by the community.

The "Roon Radio" function is like Pandora. It looks at various metadata associated with your collection and chooses selections to play if your playlist is empty. It is turned on by default, but is easily toggled off. You can use up-down thumb to teach the program as you go. So far the Radio function is limited to your own collection, although future Tidal integration is a priority for them. I use it sometimes and it works fine. Nothing shocking has come up so far like the death metal I got on "Beat It" radio on Pandora. You can use Tidal automated playlists using the Tidal screen from the menu. If you want curated music in a genre, it works pretty well. Dinner Jazz, etc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Two functions - PaulN 15:39:26 06/23/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.