Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: distinction?

"It's simple really, - you need RJ45 & at least 1 USB ports to use the machine as a viable higher performing transport such as one that an audiophile who cares about sound quality, and wants a transport that is commensurate with the rest of her/his system:"

Why would you say that? Just because a device meeting those criteria may or may not exist now doesn't mean something couldn't be created someday. For example: the new flavors of wifi have plenty of bandwidth and functionality to pass as high a quality 2 channel as any super-hearing-human, or delusional one for that matter, could ever hope for. I could even imagine that with some of that 802.11s stuff recently rolled into the latest revs there could even be be extremely high reliability links established which would virtually eliminate errors and dropouts.

Besides isn't Airplay or whatever it is supposed to be able to do 24bit 48kHz audio? Do you have your experimental evidence proving with statistical certainty that you actually require better or is this just some assumption you are making?

"Look within, - you're looking at it from the perspective of a non-audiophile: which is outside of the scope of the post and these forums."

That's the upside to applying a logical analysis to statements. No need to look within and potentially taint your result. It just is or it just isn't valid logically.

"It seems silly only if the context is users who are "normal" and not audiophiles."

I disagree. Irrational thought patterns are just silly. End of story. It doesn't matter who is having them or where they are happening at. They should just stop it.

"You keep on typing. I'm actually just defending the position, and the very reasonable assertion that wired device connectivity is essential to better performance, - after all the OP is addressing high performance."

OK but to be fair you keep on typing too and I'm just repeatedly calling bs on these silly kinds of ideas when I get the urge. What is that some new universal law of nature you just made up?

"Sprezza, - in everything that he wrote."

lol. So since this thing you see is unquotable since it wasn't an actual statement OP made it must have come to you in a vision then? Or was it a feeling?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.